Saturday, June 09, 2007

I wish we all could be California Girls

When I realized that I was going to leave my job before starting this trip I thought that maybe in some way being on the road for a month and a half would give me the chance to reflect on what might make me happy to do as a career. And with this blog I've started to write more which is something that I've always loved. Walking around the city yesterday I made a mental note of the things that I like to do (in ascending order):

Shopping
Checking my email
Writing my blog
Riding my bike

Shopping is something that I've been good at since living in Madrid where the temperatures were so hot that there was nothing to do but duck into the air conditioned stores where there were so many fantastic clothes to buy! And there were the "rebajas" sign everywhere which I originally mistook for the word "regalo" (gift), but that really means SALE. Gift, sale? What's the difference?

Walking around San Francisco I've found that my bike trip wardrobe has expanding from half a stuff sack of clothing to an entire load of laundry. And a new pair of shoes. Which I will be mailing home to myself - a REGALO for the end of my trip!

So how do these all transform into one really great job? I'm not sure that they do. But if I can ride my bike 1500 miles down the coast surely I can figure out how to make it work.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Erin, your trip sounds incredible. Can't believe you're in San Fran already...can't wait to see the Full House...er...house! Have fun and eat tons of chinese food...the best in the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home