Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day #5 Seaside to Cape Look Out State Park

The ride has taken me up many hills lately, but the payoff is that I finally hit the Pacific Ocean in Seaside, and the route I'm taking has been following it ever since! I have taken many amazing pictures, but the computer I'm on at the moment doesn't give me the option to upload them, so be patient! They're coming soon.

Yesterday I realized that one of the coolest things about doing this ride is that every night I set a goal for the next day, and every day I accomplish that goal. Yes, it's hard sometimes. No doubt about that. But each day I am more and more happy to be out here doing this. I wish that every one I know could see the amazing things that I've seen. The flowers, the sand flats, the sun setting very slowly over the Pacific, people making castles on the beach, beaches with NO one around, and so many trees!

When I was a kid I loved playing in the woods and making forts. I wanted to live in a fort, and now I do! Every night I play and sleep in the woods in my very own tent fort. It's just the right size. And every morning I get up, pack everything into my yellow bag and set off for another day of exploration and adventure. It's nothing less than totally awesome.

Oregon is the place that was made for bikers. It's a bikers state. There are three foot wide shoulders on all of the roads, bike lanes everywhere, and signs to alert cars that bikers may (will) be on the road. Plus, all of the state parks have hiker/biker sites and they cost $4!!! That includes a hot shower with unlimited water. Life is good.

Stay tuned for pictures (maybe tonight?) including the Oregon coast, sunset, and the Tillamook cheese factory (I had to break down there and eat some ice cream - I know, I know, but still...it was really good).

6 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Erin: It's your Mom :) I had to laugh when you mentioned always wanting to live in a fort. What fun times you had pretending you "guys" were far far away. You're a long way from the woods in the back of our house in D.C. but still have that wonderful love for adventure and we love you more & more for the person you have become!! Love you, Mom

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

forts are the best :)
-your brother

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Erin - it's cousin Ferne. I'm enjoying following your ride.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Um-ma-mum-ma-mum! I'm telling! You KNOW you're not supposed to have ice cream ...

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger teri said...

Hi Erin! This is your hairdresser,Teri! I am so proud of you! You were my motivation to ride from Erie to Lafayette last Sun. and it was only 12 miles and I could have sat down and cried! But I said a " you go girl!" to myself. The pics are beautiful. Keep em coming. Be safe, Teri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home