Friday, May 25, 2007

Day #2 BL, AL (Elma to Toledo)

My life has become a lot more simple (not that it was that complicated before) in that I really don't have to make many decisions. Only two decisions a day - they split my day in half. The BL decisions and the AL decisions. Before lunch/After lunch. The BL half of my day today has taken me from Elma to Centralia, maybe 30 miles? And the AL portion will be relaxed leaving me in Lewis and Clark state park (maybe 20 or 25 more miles). Right now I'm taking a short break and hanging out at the Centralia historic library. Riding into this town I was amazed that it smelled of donuts everywhere. Donuts, donuts! Where can I get some? I never found any, which was fine. Maybe it was just my imagination. Or my stomach's imagination.

BL I rode along remote country roads, didn't get lost, followed my map, figured out directions (see, I'm so proud of myself for this), was chased by a big dog (lots of bark, no bite), was cheered on by two locals as I passed, and haven't been rained on yet. Yay! I wish that there were people cheering me on in every town, but at least every one has been really friendly. I ate at a biker cafe for lunch (not my type of biker, the other one) and had a big chocolate shake. Mmmmm...except that I wasn't hungry for my sandwich after that so maybe that's a lesson. No more ice cream for awhile. I think I can live with that.

Maybe tonight I'll meet some fellow bikers. I haven't seen any on the road yet, but maybe it's too early in the season. To me it feels pretty perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home