Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Travel Update

It turns out that while gas is $3.10 a gallon, it only costs $115 to fly one way from Denver to Seattle. And then add $50 for a bike. That's pretty awesome! So a change of plans - I am now flying to Seattle on May 22nd to meet up with Laura and hang out for a few days (maybe she can give me a tour of Seattle Grace Hospital - if there is such a thing) before starting my ride. Wahoo!! I can't wait!

In other news... I attached the BOB (trailer) to my bike for the first time last weekend and must report that it was a smooth ride. Much better than I'd expected. I think that not bringing food and cooking supplies really cuts down on the weight. My bag weighed in at 19 pounds - pretty close to what I was expecting (hoping). The only real difference with carrying the trailer (other than the slight additional weight - I know, just wait until I climb a serious hill - that will be later this week) is that you have to balance a little bit more. I'll attach a picture as soon a I have some one take one.

Until my departure date I have many things to do here in Boulder including mountain biking, riding with my BOB, riding on my cruiser around town, the Thursday cruiser ride, and going to Moab. That's pretty much my schedule. Not too shabby. Summer is here in Boulder!

3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

How cute! Your BOB reminds me of Wilson from Castaway.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yes, and I'm expecting that I'll be singing to my BOB (back of bike) within a few days of riding.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Dylan Snodgrass said...

we (Dylan and Matt) are leaving Portland on May 28th to ride to SF. Hoping to take a few detours and find some dirt roads/no cars along the way. I'm really excited! I'll just say it now "I'm addicted to bicycles" Anyway... enjoy your trip and maybe we will see ya out there. Dylan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home