Sunday, April 29, 2007

Saddles

A few days ago I bought a new saddle \for my bike. The one that came with the bike was amazing - cushiony, comfy, and definitely (based on much research that I've been doing lately) not at all what I would need for extended comfort over 1500 miles. Granted, nothing will be comfortable and I know that, but the goal is to get as close to comfort as possible.

So after much online research reading and learning as much as I could about women's touring saddles this is what I bought:It's a Terry saddle made in Italy with a leather cover. Notice that the first feature listed is the "wide rear." That was a big selling point right there. While this saddle is supposed to be the best rated by the most women I'd like to show you what I will be riding upon my return to Boulder:

You might be looking at that picture and thinking to yourself, "well, that just looks like two pillows stacked on top of each other," in which case you would be correct. Although I like to think of myself as a pretty tough chick, apparently I know nothing when it comes to the pain of riding miles and miles for days and days. But I am about to find out.

In addition to buying this stellar saddle I would also like to report that I have checked off a few things on that secret list I posted a few days ago including among other things ordering the crucial piece needed to attach my trailer to my bike and mailing a box of clothes to LA so that I will be able to reunite with cotton at that point. It should be an exciting reunion.