Friday, May 25, 2007

Day #1 Seattle to Elma, WA

This morning when I woke up one of the first things I thought to
myself was "why am I doing this?" Not in the way of "oh man this is
tough" (it is, but I didn't know that yet), but just WHY. And then
after pedaling the first 3 miles on my bike I realized that the WHY
doesn't matter at all - I have an answer. Because it feels like the
right thing to do.

So the day started with a ferry ride from Seattle to Bremerton. Upon
landing in Bremerton I deviated a bit from my map (the "scenic" aka
got lost route), but it didn't slow me down and I got to ride along
the Hood Canal for 25 miles. After 10 miles up hill to Shelton it was
time for lunch! I found this cool cafe, pretty much the only one in
Shelton and ate. Then of course after leaving and riding 4 miles out
of town I realized that I had forgotten my water bottles on the table
and had to ride back. Argh!!!

The ride from Shelton to Elma was rougher than the ride from Bremerton
to Shelton. Probably because I was getting tired. And there were
lots of hills. But I made it! And now I'm here at the Gray's Harbor
hostel trying to find my camera (please don't be lost!!) and surving
on their dial up connection (so pictures wouldn't upload anyway).
Tomorrow is a new day. Man, I am beat! It's time for bed. I should
say though - it feels really good to have accomplished my goal today.
Tomorrow I'll be without internet so an update will have to come in a
few days. Yay!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home