Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Starting in Seattle!

After a flawless airplane ride (somewhat renewing my faith in planes NOT crashing) and a great two hour conversation with a nice lady from Boulder, I landed in Seattle to be greeted by my good friend Laura. She had scored a luggage cart in the parking lot. And it was a good thing! You saw my pile of stuff. I won't even go into how I managed to manuver all of those boxes from the RTD bus at DIA to the Frontier check-in. Just know that I succeeded.

Laura lives in this great house on the "beach" in West Seattle. And she works at Seattle Grace Hospital. Anyone know that reference?? Sure you do!

After a walk down the beach strip when ended up at Coyote Cantina Mexican restaurant which has the best tamale's I've had in Seattle.

This morning we got up fairly early and started our day long tour of Seattle. We went to Price Place Market, watched the guys at the fish stand throw fish into the crowd, took a picture of the first Starbucks ever (established in 1971), walked around looking at a bunch of stuff, paid $0.50 to have our fortunes taken at a vending genie, and smelled the great clean cool Seattle air.

I have a bunch of pictures, but for some reason this computer and free wireless connection are not cooperating. So I'll have to wait until later to upload them.

Tonight we're meeting up with Katie who moved here from St. Louis recently, to go for some good Thai food. Then tomorrow morning (very early - 5 am) I am getting up to take the bus to the Washington State Ferry that will take me from Seattle to Bremerton where my ride begins. I'm a bit anxious anticipating the start, and it's exciting to know that the whole trip is ahead of me at this point.

Wish me luck!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger skyzovbleu . . . said...

Erin!
I love Puget Sound and I can't wait to see the pictures! This is like watching a beautiful movie or reading a great book- I can't wait to turn the page- thank you so much for sharing it with us!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hey Erin. You made it to the Pacific Northwest - my favorite place (I went to college in Eastern Washington). I'm loving reading your blog. Enjoy the ferry ride, I think it's really fun and I'll see you soon. Keep me updated.
Beth

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

I didn't know Seattle Grace Hospital was an actual real place! Tell Laura to tell Meredith to eat a sandwich or at least SOMETHING with calories for crying out loud :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home