Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ventura

This morning I woke up a bit later and prepared to journey on to Ventura. I ate the free hostel breakfast of pbj on wheat toast, and made one for the road (lunch) as well. After freeing my bike from the hostel storage locker and attaching my trailer I set off down the road. I followed the coast for a few miles before turning inland. The sun was out, the weather was warm, and I didn't have the slightest feeling that I would faint. Things were good.

As I've been touring South I've decided to change the original plan of the trip. At first I had intended to go to Mexico and hang out in Ensenada for awhile, but after realizing that I didn't really want to cross the border on my bike I decided to end the trip in LA with an Erin/Alexis reunion (one that will be so famous they'll talk about it for months). Getting to LA is a bit of a hassle, so tomorrow I'm packing up my bike in Ventura and finding an alternative mode of transportation for that 70 miles of road heading South. Which means that today was my last day of riding my bike. My LAST day! I can't believe that I'm already done with this bike ride. I want MORE. More, more, more. I don't want it to be over yet. I feel like I've been doing this, in this mode for so long that I don't really know what else to do or how else to do anything other than ride.

Everything has been focused on the simplicity of pedaling, camping, hosteling, living, visiting with friends, and searching for the feelings of freedom that I've finally become comfortable with. So what now? I'm not sure. And I guess that for now that's ok. As long as I'm moving forward in the right direction, I guess it's alright to be unsure about where I'm going to end up, and to trust that it will be somewhere amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home