Wednesday, June 27, 2007

LA to St. Louis

The other night I had a dream that I was going to ride my bike from Seattle to LA. I pictured how many miles I would have to go, how many different campsites I'd stay at, how many new people I would talk to every day, how much ground I would cover, and how long I would be looking at the shoulder of the road for small rocks and pieces of debris to avoid. And then when I woke up I realized that I'd done it. I'd done the trip. And it was like a dream that had come true.

So that's where I'll leave it. Accomplishing the dream. I hope to realize many more dreams in the near future, and throughout my life. If you are lucky enough to know what your dream is, there is nothing to stop you from going for it. The most difficult part I've found is to find the thing that you are passionate about. And once you do....I'll look forward to hearing from you.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger elizabeth jameson said...

Hi Erin,
I have enjoyed reading your blog-thank you for sharing your adventures!I was sad to see it end...are you planning your next ride yet?
Some friends and I will take the pacific coast tour in september, and I have a practical question....were there many restaurants on the route? We plan to do a little camping, but mostly we will be looking for places along the way. Also do you remember if there are any extra-long stretches of road w/o services available? Just wondering if we will need to haul food around with us, or it will be readily available.
Thank you!
elizabeth

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Congrats, Mamacita! There should be a present waiting for you when you get back to Boulder ...

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Thanks babe! I love presents!

Elizabeth - I didn't take any food with me on the trip, and never really had a hard time finding it. Email me at elizzo79@gmail.com if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to share!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home