Saturday, April 28, 2007

Early Departure Date

I'd like to say that the reason I haven't updated my blog in awhile is because I've been so busy riding my bike around Boulder in preparation for this trip, but that's not 100% true. It's probably only about 14% true. What I have been doing since leaving my job in a lot of snowboarding, hanging out and watching Friday Night Lights reruns on my computer. It's a really good show. Apparently.

But as of yesterday I'm back on the bike and for the next three days I will be racking up many miles. And finally I have my official departure date. A very generous guy who is also unemployed and seeking a small adventure at the moment (he is also mostly sitting at home as well) has volunteered to drive me up to Seattle where my ride begins. We are leaving on May 10th. I should be riding by the 16th, depending on how many days I hang out with Laura and explore the city.

In the meantime I feel like there is so much more to do to prepare. I don't even have an official list yet! How unlike me is that? Recently my roommate told me that since I was unemployed I should stop making lists and the idea kind of stuck. But sometime soon when he's not watching I'm going to get out my pad of paper and pen and pump one out. It's pretty necessary. Hey, why not now?

To DO:

Tune up bike (yeah, that's a big one)
Put fenders on bike (front and back)
Buy attachment for trailer (HUGE priority)
Assemble everything
Mail a box of clothes to Alexis in LA
Clean up my room for my subleaser
Move all of my stuff into the other room
Take my maps off the wall
Assemble my repair kit in my seat post bag (buy seat post bag)
Buy a camera
Sell my old 6 pound camera on craigslist

Ok, that's not all. So it looks like I have some important things to do. Better get going on that. But first...breakfast. Mmmm...

3 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Ryanisimo said...

You best get to organizin! I highly recommend good bike shorts with mucho padding. I am psyched for you, it will be amazing!!!!yeehaa

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Oh, like the kind with the ass already in them? Nice.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I just got the most comfortable padded shorts ever. And they are short shorts too. Can I get a woo-hoo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home