Monday, February 12, 2007

Coming together

At this point my trip is finally coming together. So much has changed in the last month!

I now have a ride to Bellingham (thanks Chris!) and I've emailed out my itinerary including long breaks with friends in various places. Please send me an email if I've missed you on my list and you'd like a copy of my schedule. It was amazing to plan out a rough draft of my trip destinations and stops and to see how many great friends I have on the West Coast! I'll be seeing Laura, Pierson, Caren, Julie, Jamie, Erika, Alexis, Beth and Brad - and that's just counting the people that I already know! One of the highlights of this trip will be reconnecting with good friends that I haven't seen in awhile. And if I'm lucky...I might have a ride back from San Diego as well.

In addition to my ride, I have almost everything that I need on my packing list including a new tent (just 4 lbs!) that arrived last week. I will post my revised packing list once I have everything together. So don't worry, I've added a few important items to the original list.

The last piece of the puzzle fell together last week as I talked to my boss and we agreed that my last day would be April 1st. I feel good about this because I know that I'll have over a month to train some one to take over my position here. And there is nothing better than leaving a job that I loved on good terms, knowing that my company will go on and do great things.

Looking over this blog I realize that it is sorely lacking pictures. And although my writing is intriguing I'm sure...there's nothing like a little eye candy to keep the interest. So from now on I'll try to post more pictures. But until then, here is an old one of me biking the 401 trail in Crested Butte last summer - one of the most amazing trails I've ever been on. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home